Friday, January 20, 2012

Website Images

This image portfolio website
has several amazing photographs optimized as JPEGS. It is the best option for this site because they are displaying photographs. If you are going to be selling or even displaying others' work you want it to be the best quality and JPEG allows that. I was very impressed with all of the images I saw and loved that you can find just about any type of photo from travel to pictures of dogs.


So with all of this SOPA stuff going on I thought it was interesting that I found that
uses a PNG image for their logo. Wikipedia is a cool site that I know just about everybody uses these days. I like their logo because it really stands out on the page. The red dot in the middle clearly brings your attention to it and optimizing it as a PNG doesn't seem to affect the colors. It is a perfect type of file to save it as because it is a simple clip art logo.

It was really hard finding a site that used GIF images. It seems like very few people use anything but JPEGS because the quality is better most of the time. This is the only site I could find with a GIF image that wasn't blurry and cheap looking.
It's a simple image that works well with the site but you can tell that the site as a whole was created by someone with little experience who just wanted a cute picture of dogs, which was relevant to the business. I mean all the pictures are cute but they are basic and you can get away with using a GIF format as they are not high quality photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment