Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Blog Design

First I want to explain where my blog name came from. As a recent graduate I often feel like I'm a teeny little speck of dandelion dust being swept around from work to volunteering to school as I attempt to pursue a career I have yet to choose. I figure why not enjoy the breeze on my face and just embrace where I am in life =)


I decided to go with a right column layout using a two column design. I chose this mainly because I feel more drawn to websites with the important information on the left hand side of the page. Since we naturally read from left to right this just made sense to me. It may be basic but I wanted to have a simple template to build from

I used a contrast of white writing against a bright blue background for my main blog title to make it   pop and to give it a happy welcome feel. I also made sure my blog title used the largest writing of all to attract people. The next largest writing was my post title. I again used the blue on white contrast but switched the colors. This allowed me to incorporate the colors but make the post a bit easier on the eyes. How items were spaced was very important to me so I altered the distances to make my blog post stand out against the background. I made sure it was the most important looking item on the page by using proximity. Basically, I made sure all of my links and gadgets were grouped closely in a line on the right side of the page without detracting attention from my posts. I still wanted my page to flow though so I used repetition to pull it all together. I used the same font for all the titles and tried to use complimentary colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment