Saturday, January 14, 2012

Color 2: Blogs and Templates

Monochromatic
http://newswordy.com/words/archive/
This is a very odd site. it is literally a bunch of random words in black against a gray background. Once you click on each word it is just black writing against a random solid color on the whole page. Interesting but I would never do this it's just so out there.

Analogous Color Scheme
I had a difficult time finding a good analogous scheme that I liked. I ended up choosing a super cute template called Girls Life. It uses blues, purple, and red/pink. It's very childish but fun and would be great for say a 13 year old girl's first blog. It just made me smile because it reminded me of the drawings  on the American Girl books I used to read all the time. Not the doll stories but the other ones like the Quiz Book, Sleepover Book, and others (oh you have to know what I'm talking about fellow ladies.......I hope)

Complementary Color Scheme
This was actually my favorite template I found: Aquatix. I like the use of yellow and blue in a fresh and upbeat manner. It's not over the top obnoxious which is nice. It's just very cool and relaxing. It also complements the colors of the fish that appear in the graphic near the top of the page. I would use this for like a small aquarium advertisement or something else relating to fish (just not a restaurant that's a little depressing).

Saturated Color Scheme
Oh my gosh this is the most obnoxious color scheme but it's as saturated as you can get. YIKES!  I mean it's pretty when you first look at it but I mean there is no way I could read that for more than five minutes or so. It's called Moradito. Yes you can make it easier to read with a white post background but the colors are just so distracting it's really hard to read.

Unsaturated Color Scheme
Ok, much better this isn't burning my eyes out of my head when I try to read it. This site, in my mind, is the very definition of unsaturated colors. This site is composed completely of grayscales. http://web-experiment.info/magento14/grayscale/. It is easy on the eyes, very minimal, and avoids the use of color entirely. It doesn't even have colorful accents. It draws all attention to the posts and advertisements on the page and I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment