Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello Fellow Students!

My name is Alycia Isaacson and I am 23 years old. Hmmm about me.....I am a Biomedical Sciences major and Musical Theater: Opera Emphasis: minor from Santa Clara University. I have been married four years to my high-school sweetheart, Ian. We live in the Newark (near fremont) and enjoy camping, spending time with our friends, and biking. I love to sing and act and have been performing since I was 3 years old. My favorite roles so far have been Anna in The King and I and PeepBo in Mikado. Opera is my main vocal talent but I enjoy singing contemporary music for fun. I also enjoy shopping and fashion. My best friend and I have even considered starting a blog on what to wear, how to make difficult pieces work, and many other things!

 I love animals and have three dogs, five cats, and seven rabbits!! I have one male (Mr. Knightly), one female Cairn Terrier (Molly) and one crazy wild female Mutt (Riley). I have a Main Coon Mix male cat (Frodo), a Torti female (Laura), an orange tabby male (Saywer) and his brother (Charlie Bear). FINALLY I have 5 holland lops, three male (Gizmo, Pippin, and Mr. Bingley) and one female (Serena), two mini rex sisters (Claire and Zoe) and one Netherland Dwarf male (Gir). For the past five years I have worked at a local vet hospital where I assist the vet and care for boarding or sick animals over the weekend.
 
My true passion is for women in a crisis pregnancy. I have been counseling at a faith based clinic, Pregnancy Choices Clinic in Union City, for nearly a year and a half and am now board secretary and run client services. Our goal is to minister to men and women in the midst of a crsis pregnancy and educate them on all their pregnancy options. I LOVE doing this and is one reason I plan to use my major in Biology to continue my education in some area of obstetrics.

The main reason I am taking this course is to continue my education. I took a few web design courses at SCU and currently run the website at Pregnancy Choices Clinic. Anything that can help me improve the site is always appreciated. I also enjoy web design and if I always enjoy learning more! I'm just really excited about this class and I hope we can all work together to make some amazing sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment