Friday, January 20, 2012

My Images

This first image was a lot of fun to make. My friend took it at a camping trip we took for my husband's 24th birthday. When I cropped the photo I used the generic cropping tool rather than the pen cropping tool. The reason I did this was that I wanted nice clean lines. I have done a lot of scrap booking with my mom and I wanted this photo to have that feel. I decided to optimize it as a GIF image because of the monochromatic color scheme. GIF images only utilize a small number of colors, and is best for pictures with mainly solid colors. This image has large areas of solid color in the foreground and the background was meant to be a bit blurred already and the GIF optimization did not change the look much from the original.


This is a picture I took on a typical morning in my house. I chose to edit work with this picture because it has a distinct orange tone to it because of the cats' fur and the laminate flooring. Because the original had so much extra space around the cats I used the pen tool to cut out exactly what I didn't want and then used the inverse cropping tool to make cleaner lines. I know I could have done it in one step but I wanted to practice with other tools. I decided to save this image as a JPEG because of the wide variety of colors in the image. JPEG is best used to optimize photographs with lots of texture and colors and this image had both.





This is one of my favorite pictures of my youngest dog Riley. My photographer friend took this picture on Thanksgiving and edited the image beautifully. I cropped the image with the inverse cropping tool so the image was focused on her expressive eyes. I decided to leave optimize this image as a PNG file because it was a simple black and white image and had a lower file size than either the JPEG or the GIF and I could reduce the amount of colors used without damaging the image quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment