Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Updated Blog Design

So, I wanted to find a template that went along with my blogger title and I'm really happy with this one! I found it at http://btemplates.com/blogger-templates/rounded-corners/page/7/?s=nature&cat=rounded-corners. This is an amazing site with so many wonderful template options. 

This template has 2 columns, a right sidebar and slightly rounded corners. The contrast used in the page really helps distinguish the posts from the side links. I really like how bright green the link titles are contrasted against the very faint (designed) background. I'm also happy with the proximity of the links and gadgets. They definitely look nicely grouped together. There is a LOT of repetition in the template drawing everything together from the colors to the font. I'm also really happy with how everything is spaced. It gives a good balance between posts, between links and gadgets, and between the posts and side bar items. Honestly the only thing I wish I could change is the size of the blog title. It's too small!



Looking at this again I have to say I'm really noticing how much "white" space this design has. The empty black space on the side of the page really makes the white post section POP.


No comments:

Post a Comment